• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

O Ya Boston

TopperMom

My husband and I will be in Boston Sept 26- Oct 3. We just made a reservation at O Ya for Saturday night (at the chef's bar). We are eagerly looking at the online menu and trying to decide how best to approach ordering. We are reasonably adventurous and realize this is going to be a splurge. Any thoughts on how to order (portion sizes, sharing plates, relying on chef suggestions for daily items, etc) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

You can do the Omakase. They will be happy to discuss different levels or dishes you really want to include, add, or subtract - they are very good at discussing what approach will work best for you. Nancy, who is the sommelier (as well the chef's wife and co-owner) is also excellent at helping you pair sake with your meal. We've had some excellent sakes there and the food is always incredibly delicious. Enjoy!

I agree...do the omakase. We were there in June and they were really good about not including certain dishes that I didn't want, but my husband did. I can't eat as much as he does, so it was nice to be able to remove some courses. Other than our dinner at Alinea in July, this was our favorite meal of the year. We also really enjoyed sitting at the bar.

I like cows, too. I hold buns against them. -- Bucky Cat.