• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can Anyone Help with Rib Recipe?

Bella S.F.

Greetings one and all,

I am hoping that someone will be able to help me locate a recipe I can remember making a number of years ago. I believe that it was in a July Bon Appetit. It was a recipe for pork ribs that had you coat the ribs with yellow mustard (of all things) and then, I believe, you used a rub. After that my memory is is not doing me any good. I have looked through all of the July Bon Appetits I can find. I went to Epicurious' web-site. I went to other search-based sites. I have not been able to locate the recipe anywhere. I do remember that anyone we made those ribs for said that they were the best ribs they had ever had. I would love to make them again.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me! Thanks!

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more Champagne."

John Maynard Keynes

Yellow mustard + rub sounds pretty standard to me. As far as I can tell the mustard is just to help the rub stick.

Good luck with your search!

This is my skillet. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My skillet is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it, as I must master my life. Without me my skillet is useless. Without my skillet, I am useless. I must season my skillet well. I will. Before God I swear this creed. My skillet and myself are the makers of my meal. We are the masters of our kitchen. So be it, until there are no ingredients, but dinner. Amen.

Dakki,

Yeah, you are right. It is just that with this particular recipe, everything just worked so well. I'd really like to be able to try it again.

John Maynard Keynes

Hey Nickrey,

Thank you! I was really excited to see your post. Untimate Ribs sounded so right, but my husband said that the recipe did not have you brine the ribs and there were not two rubs. No savory & no cloves. Perhaps this is all a figment of my imagination! Nah, it really did exist. Any other ideas?

John Maynard Keynes