• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Color of Mold on Sopressata from Knight Salumi

Not sure if this is the right place for this post, mods please move if it's not.

I bought some lovely sopressata from Knight Salumi today (a San Diego-based cured meat place). Normally, their sopressata has a dusting of white/grey mould, used in the curing process. In this case, it had several different coloured moulds on it. Naturally, this has me concerned that it has spoiled. This is fresh out of the package. Should I be concerned? Should I return it?

• 10 months later...

Just a quick note that Knight Salumi unfortunately closed their business earlier this year. It's too bad as we really enjoyed the sausage sandwiches at farmers market in Little Italy, and their dry salumi.

I am hoping that we can find another good source for local sausages.

Honkman,

I read about them as well, but unfortunately they don't have a stand at the markets that I frequent.

I wonder if anyone had a chance to try their products? I did not find much information about them online other than the article that you linked in your post.