• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Silver Springs Winery ::: Zuccarino "terroir"

Don Giovanni

Does that sense of place in a wine "terroir"- should it included the attitude of the wine-maker and grower due to Sensitive crystalization of Wine ???

Yes

No

I am not sure

I don't care

Other

I can prove to you that water that had a ZEN monk meditate upon changes in crystallography or crystal structure... just see the movie "What the Bleep do we Know" Click On Me this is a fact...live with it ... science proved it's true...

Sensitive crystalization of Wine

Click On Me

I can also explain that since wine is 85% water that if you have a wine-maker and grower who mediates and prays during the vintage the wine will demonstrate different crystalline physiological properties... just ask Randall Grahm... see the above reference...

So the question is should this the grower and the wine-maker be considered a part of terroir... I say absolutely !!! For it's as important as the soil...

I recall a BBC reviewer of the mentioned movie wrote something to the effect that it was a documentary for the completely gullible. A Slate(or was it Salon?) story referred to it as a recruitment tool for a cult religion. I don't think the "science" of sensitive crystallization has been through any kind of peer-reviewed process. At least none that I have been able to discover.