• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Chris Hennes

Oreo Cookies

These...and the hot and spicy cinnamon thins were on sale.  I couldn't bring myself to buy the cinnamon...

These are darn good with a  cup of coffee.

IMG_4362.JPG.944431ba1e6553745a6187d3c3692c1e.JPG

• Like 2

I am personally against the Oreo Thins.

I mean, it's less Oreos but for about the same price, right?

Just doesn't make sense to me. It's like those new candy bars where the maker has created "air bubbles" in the candy for a "lighter" bar. Oh, you mean you're using less chocolate yet charging me the same price as the old version of your candy bar?

It ain't right, man. ¬¬ xD

• Haha 1

Interesting. I am not generally a big fan of Oreos altogether, but I love the Oreo Thins. If I buy a pack I am doomed, so I just stay away. I love thin crisp cookies, and the Oreo Thins have a great texture. You are right, of course, that it's less Oreos for the same price. But it's better Oreos!! 9_9

• Like 1

I prefer to drink OREO Shake rather than having it with hot milk.

I like the thins, specifically the lemon ones. Like @cakewalk, I don't often buy a package, because I'm going to sit down and eat the entire thing, because, you know, they're thin and crisp and light.

Speaking of cinnamon-y things....my daughter came in last night with a bag of soft peppermint stick candy, except for instead of peppermint, it was cinnamon. "Red hots" on steroids! I could only manage half a stick. Would be marvelous in hot cider.

Posted (edited)
On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, Toliver said:

I am personally against the Oreo Thins.

I mean, it's less Oreos but for about the same price, right?

Just doesn't make sense to me. It's like those new candy bars where the maker has created "air bubbles" in the candy for a "lighter" bar. Oh, you mean you're using less chocolate yet charging me the same price as the old version of your candy bar?

It ain't right, man. ¬¬ xD

I actually prefer the Oreo Thins because I like the chocolate better than the filling.  I know they cost the same but I think they're better without as much of the white stuff.  They should have priced them less just because it's insulting to do otherwise.

Edited by lindag (log)
  • Like 1

we tried the Pina Colada thins.....not bad at all and I totally dislike pina coladas.  More pineapple - y than cocnuty if you know what I mean.

• Like 1