• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Chris Hennes

Oreo Cookies

87 posts in this topic

It makes my teeth hurt just to read this thread!  Seriously, if I wanted to eat that much sugar, I'll just take a spoon to my sugar bowl! Ouch!

1 person likes this

Just got the weekly circular from our local Food Imperium and noticed Oreo Churros......will look to see what that is all about.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I bought the Pumpkin Spice Limited Edition Oreos. The spice flavoring is in the creme. I found it very ginger-y, which I didn't mind at all. 

The cookies that sandwich the creme look (and taste) like their Golden Oreo counterparts. It's a generic vanilla-ish cookie.

Now if only Oreo would try matching the Pumpkin Spice creme with their chocolate cookies...I imagine that would make for a better treat.

1 person likes this

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

5 hours ago, Toliver said:

I bought the Pumpkin Spice Limited Edition Oreos. The spice flavoring is in the creme. I found it very ginger-y, which I didn't mind at all. 

The cookies that sandwich the creme look (and taste) like their Golden Oreo counterparts. It's a generic vanilla-ish cookie.

Now if only Oreo would try matching the Pumpkin Spice creme with their chocolate cookies...I imagine that would make for a better treat.

Was contemplating these at the store last weekend and if they had used the chocolate cookie I would have gotten some.

2 people like this

I remember kind of liking the Pumpkin Spice Oreos last year so I picked some up for my son and his friends. They usually try the ltd flavors when they get together for game nights but have been having a hard time co-ordinating this semester so I have accumulated quite an interesting stockpile of these oreos for them: choc chip cookie dough, blueberry crisp, candy corn and swedish fish(!). The last time they met, they tried the fruity cereal oreos and didn't like them at all. I believe the feedback was along the lines of lemony pledge.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

I'm still disappointed the key lime variety didn't make a repeat appearance this summer. Is there any logic as far as which flavors are one-offs and which ones come back?

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

Currently in limited release: Chocolate Strawberry Oreos

One of our editors spotted THESE amazing cookies in a Target in Kansas. They're Chocolate Strawberry Oreos. And they are very real.

I'm not a fan of Black Forest/chocolate-cherry flavor but this new chocolate-strawberry combo sounds like it could be good.

Anyone in Kansas try these yet?

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 7:44 PM, Toliver said:

Currently in limited release: Chocolate Strawberry Oreos

I'm not a fan of Black Forest/chocolate-cherry flavor but this new chocolate-strawberry combo sounds like it could be good.

Anyone in Kansas try these yet?

I haven't tried them but IMHO that flavor doesn't sound good. Very few of the flavor combinations they come out with actually have been very appetizing. The lemon and the key lime have been about the only ones that we would buy again.

2 people like this

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Someone at the New Year's Eve party I attended brought a package of the Chocolate Strawberry Oreos.

If you like Captain Crunch Crunchberries cereal, you will love these cookies. That's what their flavor brought to mind.

Interestingly, the usual chocolate sandwich cookies of these Oreos were quite crispy, as if just baked. I liked that more than the Crunchberry flavor.

Just came back from Target with those. I hope its just this one time but I noticed the Chocolate Strawberry Oreos came in a 10 oz pkg vs the 12 oz of the other Limited Flavors (same price too). Not too many of the last flavors went over well with my son and his friends so this might be the end of my little Oreo Experiment.

1 person likes this

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

It's getting to be that time of year: 

"Spoiler Alert: Peeps Oreos Are on Their Way to a Shelf Near You!"

It's not even Spring yet, but we have our mind on one very important springtime task: finding Peeps Oreos. They're real, and they're exactly as you'd image: golden Oreos filled with bright-pink Peeps marshmallow creme that appears to be speckled with sanding sugar, just like the exterior of a Peep. 

I am not a fan of Peeps though many eG'ers are (click)

"Peeps is one flavor of Oreos I will not be trying", said Sam I Am. :B xD