• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oreo Cookies

Chris Hennes

Good idea to buy multiple packages....in case the zombies ever take over the world, you're set.:laugh:

My problem is I can't find the dark chocolate Oreos at my local Walmart grocery store. I have to go to Vons instead (meaning they're much more expensive) in order to buy them. #FirstWorldProblem.:hmmm::smile:

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Just got back from a trip to Charleston SC.  Couldn't find the dark chocolate ones here, but a Food Lion in Charleston had them.  I thought that chocolate on chocolate might be overload, but I was wrong.  These are delicious.  I just wish they came in the thin version - somehow those are just the best to me.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 2:45 PM, Toliver said:

Good idea to buy multiple packages....in case the zombies ever take over the world, you're set.:laugh:

My problem is I can't find the dark chocolate Oreos at my local Walmart grocery store. I have to go to Vons instead (meaning they're much more expensive) in order to buy them. #FirstWorldProblem.:hmmm::smile:

Keep checking your Walmart grocery for the dark chocolate Oreos, @Toliver.  Prodded by this thread, I found them at mine today.  Looks like they were a new add as there was no tag on the shelf so I didn't know the cost until I checked out -  $2.98.  They are indeed very good.  I usually like to try the flavors and then give the rest away but I'll be keeping these. 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

" 'Game of Thrones' Oreos Are Coming"

To celebrate Game of Throne‘s eighth and final season, cookie purveyor Oreo is launching a new line of “chocolate sandwich cookies” inspired by HBO‘s hit fantasy series...
According to Instagram accounts CandyHunting and TheJunkFoodAisle, the Oreos won’t just take on its usual look, they will be redesigned and come in special packaging. And on another note, these Game of Thrones Oreos won’t be exclusively sold, therefore fans from across the country should be able to get their hands on them.

p.s. I saw the Easter Oreos in my Walmart grocery store but didn't bother buying them. Still haven't found the dark chocolate Oreos in my Walmart. Guess I will have to hit up Vons again.

Tim Oliver

• 3 weeks later...

Got the dark chocolate ones.....goodness.  I limit myself to two per day.    Though I DID fall asleep last night with the package on 

John's pillow next to me 🙄...John is off climbing ice this weekend.

• Haha 4

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

57 minutes ago, rotuts said:

nowhere to be found in my area w a reasonable search.

If you're a good boy send me your snail mail and I'll send you a care package.....

No, really.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

@suzilightning

what a kind offer !

Im sure Ill find them eventually here.

I have several ' artisan ' cookies i some times smuggle in.

that's a decent sugar limit.

this weeks offender :

Cookie.thumb.jpg.617fb521295deed676177e13693a17cc.jpg

Im not sure Ive ever had salted caramel.   these cookies are very crispy and can not be differentiated from home made.

sugar !  Salt !  two of the three major food groups right there !   Im sure their is Fat !  , hopefully butter , the third major and final food group

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 6:32 AM, suzilightning said:

Got the dark chocolate ones.....goodness.  I limit myself to two per day.    Though I DID fall asleep last night with the package on 

John's pillow next to me 🙄...John is off climbing ice this weekend.

I have to say when I opened a new package of the Dark Chocolate Oreos, I stood there and just breathed in the heavenly aroma. 

My local Vons had a sale where you had to buy three packages to get the discounted price. Go ahead, twist my arm. :rolleyes: :laugh:

• Haha 6

Tim Oliver

I can’t continue to read this thread. I have a Costco sized box tucked away in a cupboard. Out of site, out of mind. Reading this topic makes me want to tear into a box!  One taste and I’m a goner 🤪

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hongda said:

Does this belong here?  I have not dared to try, as the weather remains in the 50's (F) here

https://www.sonicdrivein.com/-/oreowafflecone

I've seen the TV commercials advertising this cone. They make it look very good.

Even though there's a Sonic just down the street from my work, I never seem to remember it for a dinner possibility when leaving to go home.

Tim Oliver

Well along  the lines of Oreos - for the last couple of weeks, I've been  buying my (fully grown) son a box of 5? Oreos Cream Eggs  every weekend (to compete with Cadbury Creme Eggs) ...  he's not a huge Oreos fan (unless iit's the Vanilla cookie Oreo) - but he does love these eggs. He was not a big fan of the Cadbury Eggs but he  did say that Cadbury eggs could go - uhh - get lost. 

Chocolate Egg with Vanilla Cream filling w/cookie bits. I get them at WalMart Grocery. 

• Like 1

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Toliver said:

p.s. I saw the Easter Oreos in my Walmart grocery store but didn't bother buying them. Still haven't found the dark chocolate Oreos in my Walmart. Guess I will have to hit up Vons again.

They are in my local Shoprite circular as bring available  beginning on 10 April for 2/$5.00.  

Anyone want a bag of them?

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 2/26/2019 at 1:35 PM, Toliver said:

Got them...

ehhh….just regular oreos with one side of the cookie stamped with something from GOT.

• Like 1

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 1 month later...

"Oreo Confirms Five Flavors for the Summer"

...the Oreo team officially confirmed five flavors set to debut on, or return to, shelves nationwide this summer. 

S’more Oreos 
Oreo Thins Latte 
Oreo Marshmallow Moon hits shelves in mid-June:
Apollo 11 tribute Oreos last month which will feature “three fun, moon-landing designs on the cookie” and “come in glow in the dark packaging with anniversary sticker sets on pack,” according to the brand.
Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip flavored Oreos are coming in mid-July
Maple Creme flavored Oreo Cookies will arrive in late-August, the final flavor of the summer.

The article has photos of the packaging.

• Like 2

Tim Oliver

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, expletive deleted.  John found my two bag stash OK dark chocolate Oreos and now I have to share.

• Haha 6

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2019 at 1:18 PM, Toliver said:

"Oreo Confirms Five Flavors for the Summer"

The article has photos of the packaging.

I don't remember seeing the Smores Oreos or the Moon ones (but I wasn't looking either); but today I bought two packages of the Mint Chocolate Chip ones (one for  me, one for the husband/kid). They're good.  Kind of like the mint ones but not as in-your-face-minty.  Kind of like the peppermint ones in December with the little minty bits in the cream part.  I'm not swooning like I was with the Dark Chocolate Oreos (oh, those were SO. GOOD!) but I'm not about to turn these down.  truth be told, I can walk away from an open package of these but I was unable to walk away from an open pack of the Dark Choc ones if that says something.... ;)

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 7:21 PM, JeanneCake said:

I don't remember seeing the Smores Oreos or the Moon ones (but I wasn't looking either); but today I bought two packages of the Mint Chocolate Chip ones (one for  me, one for the husband/kid). They're good.  Kind of like the mint ones but not as in-your-face-minty.  Kind of like the peppermint ones in December with the little minty bits in the cream part.  I'm not swooning like I was with the Dark Chocolate Oreos (oh, those were SO. GOOD!) but I'm not about to turn these down.  truth be told, I can walk away from an open package of these but I was unable to walk away from an open pack of the Dark Choc ones if that says something.... ;)

They had the moon ones at our local Shoprite but the dark chocolate ones were back.  Had a coupon for $1.00 off of 3 and actually paid full price 😲

• Haha 3

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

"This Oreo Holiday Flavor Is Hitting Store Shelves Again This Winter"

I know that it's still August and the very mention of Christmas feels premature, but guys, it'll be here before we know it. Which also means those Peppermint Bark Oreos will be here, too. Because, oh yeah, btw, fyi, hey you...they're hitting store shelves again.

Posting this for those who enjoyed them last year...

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

• 1 month later...

Someone in my office brought in a pack of the carrot cake flavor Oreos today. The cookie part was softer than the usual chocolate wafer cookie (not sure if these were stale, or this is normal). They do taste like very sweet carrot cake. Not horrible, just very sweet and I couldn't eat more than one.

• Like 1

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

I do like Oreos, the original ones, but my two favorites are the Sweetzels Spiced Wafers (which I can't get here) and Biscoff (that I can get from Amazon or Walmart).  My grocery's bakery also makes some very nice Ginger Snaps.

• 3 weeks later...

"Oreo just released a holiday cookie house kit — here’s where to find it"

This holiday season, Oreo fans will have a totally new way to get their snack on — in the form of a DIY-cookie house.

Oreo's Holiday Chocolate Cookie House Kit is exactly what it sounds like. Just like any classic gingerbread house-making kit on the market, the Oreo version comes with pre-baked cookie pieces in the shape of walls and a roof, icing and decorations like fruit gummies. The biggest difference is that all the cookies in this kit are chocolate biscuits, not gingerbread.

I guess it's a hot item as it was sold out at a few online sources.

Tim Oliver