• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

missing word

I figure it was in part a PR stunt and it was indeed picked up by a lot of media outlets so that part was successful. When I first posted this, I figured I'd try to snag a package, just for fun. Then I started to see the story everywhere and figured I'd never manage to get one.  Also, when the precise time came, I forgot 🙃

18 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

Pretty soon they'll pair oreos with pretzels.  Or potato chips.  Or cheez-its.

And yes, I figure the other part was to test the Oreo waters for savory flavors.   Who knows where it could take us?  Like @heidih, I like sweet and savory flavors together and I'd absolutely sample a bite of these if I had the chance.  I'd actually go for your Oreo/pretzels over Ritz, which featured that mock apple pie recipe on the box for ages so is no stranger to sweet-savory either. 

Growing up, we had a cookie/snack tin that came out of hiding when after school treats were in order.  Sometimes, funds were flush and whole, intact cookies, pretzels or chips could be selected.  Other times, we enjoyed broken pieces in all combinations and I recall Oreo and potato chip being rather a favorite of mine!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

I figure it was in part a PR stunt and it was indeed picked up by a lot of media outlets so that part was successful. When I first posted this, I figured I'd try to snag a package, just for fun. Then I started to see the story everywhere and figured I'd never manage to get one.  Also, when the precise time came, I forgot 🙃

18 hours ago, JeanneCake said:

Pretty soon they'll pair oreos with pretzels.  Or potato chips.  Or cheez-its.

And yes, I figure the other part was to test the Oreo waters for savory flavors.   Who knows where it could take us?  Like @heidih, I like sweet and savory flavors together and I'd absolutely sample a bite of these if I had the chance.  I'd actually your Oreo/pretzels over Ritz, which featured that mock apple pie recipe on the box for ages so is no stranger to sweet-savory either. 

Growing up, we had a cookie/snack tin that came out of hiding when after school treats were in order.  Sometimes, funds were flush and whole, intact cookies, pretzels or chips could be selected.  Other times, we enjoyed broken pieces in all combinations and I recall Oreo and potato chip being rather a favorite of mine!