• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

OMG, I dropped my Erte bottle!

Sam Iam

I've been nursing the last few jiggers left in a bottle of ERTE, which I probably posted about my fantastic estate sale find a year or two ago.

My wife is out of town on business for several days, so I pulled all of my good stuff out to enjoy a few small sips of each this week while watching Artsy Blu Rays that she can't stand.

ONE bottle fell out of my hands, and started spinning wildly on the floor. Yes, it was the $1,000 Erte. Yes the chrystal stopper spun out, Yes, I lost probably 2 ounces.

I'm off to finish the Johnny Walker Blue left over from a cruise.

Poop! :angry:

Carpe Carp: Seize that fish!

Yes, I lost probably 2 ounces.

I'm off to finish the Johnny Walker Blue left over from a cruise.

I would have been off to find a straw...

True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour

I'm almost 70, and to coax "chubby" to get back up to a vertical position, even if my wife was in town, would have taken help from the 911 squad. . Her seeing me there, face down on the floor with a straw, would've been the last straw. If you get my gist. :shock:

She doesn't appreciate nice cognac, which is both bad and good. :raz:

Edited by Sam Iam (log)

Carpe Carp: Seize that fish!