• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Annual Rare Flemish Beer Extravaganza 8/19/10

johnnyd

I came across news of an extraordinary event taking place in the-middle-of-nowhere, Maine, on Thursday, August 19th.

Chris Lively, proprietor of Ebenezer's Pub in Lovell, Maine has been collecting rare beers for his Pub for a long time. Last year, he extinguished a couple remaining specimens at this apparently fabulous dinner, held at his establishment.

Here is this year's menu (w/pairings). DEFINITELY check this out!

Seating is limited to 100, costs $295, and has been sold out for a while. Folks camp out back and keep the party going. In fact, the next day kicks off The 6th Annual Belgian Beer Festival also held at Ebenezer's.

I've read some fantastic reports about the camaraderie, the food, the amazingly rare and delicious beer, the mosquitoes, and think hard about how I'm going to make it next year.

More info is at http://beernews.org/

Edited by johnnyd (log)

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com

According to this post on beernews.org a Belgian Beer maker/pub has blended a special beer for this party -AND- there are apparently seats available after all.

"I took the habit of asking Pierre to bring me whatever looks good today and he would bring out the most wonderful things," - bleudauvergne

foodblogs: Dining Downeast I - Dining Downeast II

Portland Food Map.com