• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLAN: 2011 Heartland Gathering

NancyH

If we are soliciting suggestions for work shops or demos or whatever, I would really like to see some sort of Sous Vide one. It doesn't even have to be a work shop, per se. It could just be someone preparing a course/dish for the grand feast. But it would be cool to do some sort of "side by side" testing between sous vide and conventional cooking of the same item.

I have a small chamber vacuum (a VacMaster) that I can bring. My immersion heater is kind of old and cranky, but I can bring that too. :biggrin:

Workshops sound fun. I'd be happy to help with a cooking workshop or do something using ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.

Updated:

Attending all or part of weekend:

NancyH +1

Ronnie Suburban +2

Edsel

Tino27

torakris

Kerry Beal

Chris Hennes +1 (1 veg)

rooftop1000 +1

David Ross

Boagman

RockNRoller

Chris Amirault

Connie Hayashi +1 (1 veg)

Kasw (Karen) +1

Dave the Cook

JAZ

toolprincess

Maybe:

Fat Guy

prasantrin +1

CaliPoutine

Jeff Meeker

LuckyGirl +1

technophile50

heidih

"Life is Too Short to Not Play With Your Food" 

My blog: Fun Playing With Food

May I please have a show of hands as to how many of you anticipate attending Friday Dinner at The Greenhouse Tavern. Both omnivores and vegetarians can be accommodated (Chef Sawyer is actually on a vegetarian kick himself these days). I need to know how many because space is a little tight.

Update for the weekend:

Attending all or part of weekend:

NancyH +1

Ronnie Suburban +2

Edsel

Tino27

torakris

Kerry Beal

Chris Hennes +1 (1 veg)

rooftop1000 +1

David Ross

Boagman +1

RockNRoller

Chris Amirault

Connie Hayashi +1 (1 veg)

Kasw (Karen) +1

Dave the Cook

JAZ

toolprincess

Maybe:

Fat Guy

prasantrin +1

CaliPoutine

Jeff Meeker

LuckyGirl +1

technophile50

heidih

We are in for Friday

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

I'll have to check. That's right: that sound you hear is me ripping off one of the corners of my Man Card.

Sorry for being square, but I don't get the joke. Anyway, please let me know as soon as you can.

I've a total of 17 possibles for GHT - please do keep posting so I can determine how practical GHT will be - there are only 34 seats in the room we'd be in, so I need to know if we might be more than 34 before I commit to it.

We just had cocktails there on Friday - they are doing beautiful barrel-aged products, served warm for winter time - like cider and mulled wine. Our companions enjoyed a vegetarian soup and fish quinelle. Good stuff - Chef Sawyer is one of Cleveland's rising stars.

I'll have to check. That's right: that sound you hear is me ripping off one of the corners of my Man Card.

Sorry for being square, but I don't get the joke. Anyway, please let me know as soon as you can.

Sorry to be so slow, but I do get it now. :wacko:

Hi,

It's been a few years since Rich and I participated in the Chicago Heartland weekend, and we're itching to join you in Cleveland. The two of us would like to participate in the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday events. That includes Friday dinner, too, please.

Really looking forward to this!

Thanks,

Ronna

I believe I am now a plus 3

Tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 1 month later...