• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

stuff for the ill-equipped condo kitchen

Darienne

What a lot of good ideas. Of course, if I followed them all, we'd need to pull a trailer too. :laugh:

As for the Swiss Army knife...on the person of the DH at all times. And hammers are everywhere in the life of a reno man. There's a hammer in each car. Not taking any chances with going into the water in the car without a hammer.

As noted, with five days between us and Moab and two large dogs who eat raw and living on the cheap, we already have a lot of 'stuff' one might need. But I have scribbled down each and every idea given. Thanks. :wub:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

lingerie hanger, you know, those round hanging thingies with clips on the end. Useful for towels, bags and, occasionally, laundry. ??

Laundry/lingerie carousel hanger

oh, and sorry if my post implied a lack of travel experience.

add to the list... sharpening stone and/or honing steel for your knives (and other tools).

You can probably pick up misc. small items @ the second hand stores, as you mentioned earlier.

I loved Moab, and also Mesa Verde CO.

Karen Dar Woon

lingerie hanger, you know, those round hanging thingies with clips on the end. Useful for towels, bags and, occasionally, laundry. ??

Laundry/lingerie carousel hanger

oh, and sorry if my post implied a lack of travel experience.

add to the list... sharpening stone and/or honing steel for your knives (and other tools).

You can probably pick up misc. small items @ the second hand stores, as you mentioned earlier.

I loved Moab, and also Mesa Verde CO.

No offense given, none taken.

Laundry we do at the Village Market place. Ed has a honer with him at all times. And you are correct abut the misc.'s...Wabi Sabi and Memory Lane it is...or the General Dollar store. All the highspots in Moab. :raz:

Good woman. Moab and Mesa Verde are my idea of where to dwell. :wub:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.