• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

American Grill

rich

Been meaning to post this, but have been very busy in work and cooking for the past few weeks.

American Grill, one of the three Staten Island restaurants I have recommended here, has been receiving a huge amount of publicity lately. The New York Times reported it was Mayor Bloomberg's favorite NYC restaurant and he went there the night he won the election. His favotite dish is the roast chicken.

After the Times report, the restaurant was the topic of a few articles in the Staten Island Advance. Then the Wall Street Journal picked up the story and did a feature on the owner as a successful small business woman. (She wrote the mayor during his campaign and invited him on election night - that's how he started going).

Finally, WCBS Radio's (880 am) Joe Connelly did a two-minute small business feature with sound bites from Pam Silvestri (the owner). It aired several times in the middle week of November.

American Grill is a very good eclectic American with great prices and a decent wine list. Is it worth the trip from the other boroughs? Maybe not, but if you're on the Island, it's worth getting off the expressway for a top-notch lunch (which I think is better) or dinner.

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

What's up with this ? I copywrited this name 8 years ago. I might have to talk to a attorney. :biggrin:

I'll let it go if Bloomberg resigns and they bring back Rudy. If they bring back Dinkins I'll have to look at my options.

Lou