• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

2 hours ago, TdeV said:

@Margaret Pilgrim, what brand is that squeezer? @scubadoo97, do you like all your squeezers interchangeably?

Ooof.    I just took a picture off the web of the style.   

I bought mine from the "dollar lady" at the flea market.     You know the pegboard kitchen utensils at your local supermarket?    Rather than fill in stock, it is cheaper for the jobber to replace whole categories.    He then sells the mishmash to flea market vendors.   Lots of what I buy from her is preticketed from 5.99 to 9.99.   

I would just make sure that it is metal, seems to have a good connection top to bottom and feels good in your hand.    I should cost around $8.    My guesstimate.  

You put the fruit in cut side down, which is slightly counterintuitive.   

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

50 minutes ago, TdeV said:

@Margaret Pilgrim, what brand is that squeezer? @scubadoo97, do you like all your squeezers interchangeably?

Ooof.    I just took a picture off the web of the style.   

I bought mine from the "dollar lady" at the flea market.     You know the pegboard kitchen utensils at your local supermarket?    Rather than fill in stock, it is cheaper for the jobber to replace whole categories.    He then sells the mishmash to flea market vendors.   Lots of what I buy from her is preticketed from 5.99 to 9.99.   

I would just make sure that it is metal, seems to have a good connection top to bottom and feels good in your hand.    I should cost around $8.    My guesstimate.