• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Detroit to Buffalo

Holly Moore

I'm cutting across Canada (assuming I remember to pack my passport) between Detroit and Buffalo. Looking for HollyEats.com sorts of places along the way. Side trips up to 50 miles (or more) easily considered.

Thanks

Edited by Holly Moore (log)

Holly Moore

"I eat, therefore I am."

HollyEats.Com

Twitter

I have a Barbeque restaurant in Windsor, Ontario called Smoke & Spice. It would be my pleasure to have you dine with us as I am a huge fan of your site. Let me know when you are planning to arrive and I will make sure I am there to show you around. P.S. Don't miss out on Lafayette Coney Island in Detroit.

ryangary13@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Holly - you might want to check out Pane Fresco in Burlington (just on the other side of the second Skyway Bridge you'll hit on the way). Not sure if it's 'your kind of place' but the food is damn good!

Are you hitting any wineries in the Niagara region?

My Buffalo suggestions for wings, Duff's (traditional style) and LaNova (bbq). Anchor bar is touristy and the food is good but nothing memorable. Schwabl's for Beef on Weck but if you're hitting Anderson's, theirs is pretty good too.

• 6 months later...