• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ogunquit Maine

coughy

We are going to Ogunquit Maine and would like some suggestions for restaurants. My son who is joining us does not like lobster and that is all my husband and I want to eat so places that have non-seafood items on their menu is what we are looking for. Price really doesn't matter. Thanks.

There are a number of good places in or around Ogunquit. Top of the line is Arrows. One of the first restaurants to have their own garden. Inventive cuisine but a little on the expensive side. We plan a trip here at least once per year.

Also run by Mark and Clark of Arrows is MC Perkins Cove. I heard a lot of good things about this place, but it has always been closed when I've tried eating there.

98 Provence is on the way to MCPC and is a pretty nice restaurant. We've eaten here a few times and like it enough to keep going back.

Bintliff's is good. Better than most of the rest of the places. There is a newer restaurant, Joshua's, that we didn't care for. They do make their own bread.

Other than that there are a lot of steak houses, clam shack (seafood), etc. that you can pick from. Most of them will have a steak or burger.

Dan

Edited by dans (log)

• 10 months later...

Good timing for reviving this thread! I'm going to be in Ongunquit for 3 days with my 3 kids and my sister and her family, does anyone have any suggestions for child friendly places for lunches and dinners? Nothing too expensive as this is just one stop on a 20 day east coast tour, but I don't mind splurging for good seafood.

Kristin Wagner, aka "torakris"