• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Campfire Giant Roaster Marshmallows

natasha1270

In my family, summer & s'mores go hand in hand. Found a few packs of the Campfire Giant Roaster Marshmallows and they are pretty awesome. The first s'more was perfection, the 2nd - think 'death by s'mores'. Shamefully, I couldn't even finish it.

We tend to stick with Nabisco Grahams & Hershey Milk Chocolate.

38426_1330485824851_1312154755_30748333_3404258_n.jpg

**never, ever shake a stick with a molten marshmallow. my friend's nephew ended up in the emergency room with severe burns after a tragic s'mores session. seriously, these things are especially huge and could do some damage. please be careful!

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

After a recent s'more experience, I'm trying Hershey's Special Dark next time.

The 'originals' were so sweet my teeth hurt. Oh, but fun!

I will keep an eye out for the Giant Marshmallow.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

• 2 weeks later...

Please let us know if the Special Darks have the same meltability factor as the original. Last time we tried Ghirardelli and they did not melt as well (softened but no smoosh). Not sure if the bar was old or if it was just the way of the chocolate.

"The main thing to remember about Italian food is that when you put your groceries in the car, the quality of your dinner has already been decided." – Mario Batali

S'mores are even better with fresh "home made" marshmallows. Of course, making them requires cooking sugar which is the culinary equivalent to napalm.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"