• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

I tried the Brewhouse Bacon Burger from Jack in the Box again this past weekend and once again, it was nothing to write home about, let alone post about on eGullet. :(

Meh. The bacon was nice...and then that was it. Couldn't discern either of the two sauces it was supposed to come with.

On the other hand...run...do not walk...to Jack in the Box and order their new Garlic Herb Fries (click)! They beat McDonald's to it.

I wanted to rip open the box they came in and lick the garlic greasiness off the cardboard. :o xD The take out bag I was given had a huge grease stain on it from the fries which alarmed me, at first.

The fries come in a closed box, just like their Panko Onion Rings :x And I'm thinking to myself, "What?...A closed box? Won't that make the french fries soggy?" 

Crispness is not the point with these fries. The greasy (in my mind I thought "buttery" so I could eat them without guilt xD) garlic herby magical stuff they put on the fries is most excellent. I was so happy I was eating them at home so I could use my fingers to get at every little garlicky crumb inside the box.

I just wish they came in a larger size (are you listening, Jack?).

By the way, Wendy's must be asleep at the wheel. Jack in the Box's new burgers are all square patties and Wendy's hasn't yelled "Copycat!" yet. ;)

edited to clarify

Toliver

Toliver

I tried the Brewhouse Bacon Burger from Jack in the Box again this past weekend and once again, it was nothing to write home about, let alone post about on eGullet. :(

Meh. The bacon was nice...and then that was it. Couldn't discern either of the two sauces it was supposed to come with.

By the way, Wendy's must be asleep at the wheel. Jack in the Box's new burgers are all square patties and Wendy's hasn't yelled "Copycat!" yet. ;)

On the other hand...run...do not walk...to Jack in the Box and order their new Garlic Herb Fries (click)! They beat McDonald's to it.

I wanted to rip open the box they came in and lick the garlic greasiness off the cardboard. :o xD The take out bag I was given had a huge grease stain on it from the fries which alarmed me, at first.

The fries come in a closed box, just like their Panko Onion Rings :x And I'm thinking to myself, "What?...A closed box? Won't that make the french fries soggy?" 

Crispness is not the point with these fries. The greasy (in my mind I thought "buttery" so I could eat them without guilt xD) garlic herby magical stuff they put on the fries is most excellent. I was so happy I was eating them at home so I could use my fingers to get at every little garlicky crumb inside the box.

edited to clarify

Toliver

Toliver

I tried the Brewhouse Bacon Burger from Jack in the Box again this past weekend and once again, it was nothing to write home about, let alone post on eGullet. :(