• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Whole Belly Clams in Bath ME area

dondford

I will be in the Bath ME area next week and love whole belly clams. Please recommend places in the Bath area for good fried whole belly clams.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Don

Though I can't help you with Bath, specifically, I can direct you to my map with POI's that include many seafood oriented places in the Bath area. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bath,+ME&sll=44.255036,-68.69751&sspn=1.162603,2.469177&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Bath,+Sagadahoc,+Maine&ll=43.982934,-69.603882&spn=1.167969,2.469177&z=9

When I was in Portland I had great clams at Susan's and again a few weeks ago at Bob's Clam Hut in Kittery. I would suspect that all of my pale blue (seafood restaurant color), POI's will have whole-bellied fried clams. For instance, Five Islands Lobster Company (on the coast, near Bath, at the end of 127), is said to have great fried clams. It is al fresco dining...

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...