• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Allen Meadows: Pearl of the Cote; The Great Wines of Vosne-Romanée

Really Nice!

Anyone else get theirs today? Let me know what you think.

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera

Alas I stare at my last bottle of 1961 'Les Malconsorts' in my cooler. Whether or not it is palatable is any one's guess as the last bottle went down the drain. A magnificent wine when we first purchased cases of it but now the cost of today's bottles coupled with a wholesale change in vinification, makes this a wine not be ever found ever again readily.

I hope the book meets your expectations but the wines have simply become over priced in the US and we have turned to other sources.-Dick