• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Restaurant aka Last Restaurant Standing has been Cancelled

Lisa Shock

Yep, looks like there won't be any more seasons of The Restaurant, known as Last Restaurant Standing in the US.

I personally enjoyed the first two seasons, but found the third to be weak and very flawed.

I look forward to more shows with Chefs Blanc, Willingham and Moore. Perhaps this time with fewer constraints from producers.

Can you tell me what network was carrying it in the U.S.? I watched season one on BBC Canada and was happily watching season two when midway through, BBC Canada cancelled it. Bah! Humbug! :angry:

Yep, looks like there won't be any more seasons of The Restaurant, known as Last Restaurant Standing in the US.

I personally enjoyed the first two seasons, but found the third to be weak and very flawed.

I look forward to more shows with Chefs Blanc, Willingham and Moore. Perhaps this time with fewer constraints from producers.

I had already guessed that might be the case because filming has generally started in about May and I hadn't seen any reports of the BBC advertising for restaurants to be "borrowed" for a series this year.

As you say, the last series was pretty appalling and I think that it had definitely run out of ideas.

One follow-on series that has been shown in the UK was called "Out of the Frying Pan", so you might get that in the US at some point. This is how the BBC website describes it:

The Restaurant contestants James Knight Pacheco and Alasdair Hooper step out of the professional kitchen to test their skills in the real world, as event caterers

(James and Alasdair were the runners-up in the second series). Having seen the trailers for this we gave it a miss, but I can't honestly say how good or bad it really was.

On a more positive note I believe that Russell and Michelle (winners of the second series are) still doing well at "The Cheerful Soul" in Marlow.

Thanks! I liked James and Alasdair, and thought they had some really strong potential. I'll keep an eye out for the show.

And, with regards to the Cheerful Soul, I am glad that some good has come from the show. I know that Russell and Michelle had a lot of hard work ahead of them, but, it's good to see that they've been able to stick with it and that the public has taken to their concept.

I really thought that the how had a lot of potential, I always wished that it would cover events a bit deeply and that the contestants would be chosen a bit better. So, maybe one day we'll see a revival of sorts.