• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pastry Supply Stores in/near Atlanta, Raleigh, Baltimore, Washington D

binitahp

We will be driving from Detroit to Atlanta (without stops) and Altanta to Baltimore with stops in Raleigh and Washington DC. Does anyone know of good restaurant/pastry supply stores in/near any of those cities? We don't have much of a selection near Detroit so I always make it a point to check out stores anywhere I visit. We were recently near Los Angeles and I picked up lots of goodies at Surfas in Culver City. I held back on the purchases because of airline luggage restrictions, but this time we'll have a minivan :smile:

George Ruhl in Baltimore (near BWI) is a great place (and the oldest bakery supply house in the country) - they have a cash/carry too - and then you can go around the corner to Timbuktu and get some awesome crab cakes - your efforts will be rewarded... :laugh: