• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

German Bakery in Eastern Connecticut Shoreline

DanM

I was at the doctor's office a few months back and was reading Connecticut Magazine's top 10 bakeries in CT. Being the dunce that I am, I cannot find the list of bakeries I wrote down. One of the bakeries listed is on the eastern shoreline, I think Old Saybrook area, that is operated by a a person from Germany. Does anyone know of the bakery I am speaking of?

Thanks!!

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.

I don't know, but I bet "Kattyeyes", on Chowhound would know. She's from Middletown and knows most great places, especially if it has anything to do with baking.

She says: "Drop a line to kattychow at g mail dot com. Please include your username and CH in the subject."

She also has a great food blog from which you could contact her: kattyskitchen.wordpress.com

Edited by Scargo (log)

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

Yep. Dagmar's is the place. Thanks for the help!

Dan

"Salt is born of the purest of parents: the sun and the sea." --Pythagoras.