• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kitchen Galerie, Montreal - REVIEW

aromes

Find full text and photo review on my food blog: http://tinyurl.com/3xb4q4c

Dinner on Tuesday July 6th 2010, 18PM

-Foie Gras Poélé, Tarte tatin aux pommes, Sauce Caramel -the perfectly well cooked and deeply flavored fresh livery foie was not the only star of this dish. The apple tarte tatin at the bottom of the foie was was aslso unbelievably delicious (I was afraid that the caramel would overwhelm it with an overdose of sugar, but I was wrong).

-Pot de foie gras cuit au lave vaisselle, gelée de muscat au poivre long - A creamy foie gras au torchon alike concoction. Basically, it is seared in a jar + poached in a dishwasher. Surprisingly delicious and a treat to enjoy!

-Cote de boeuf rotie, Jus à l'estragon, légumes racines, foie gras, truffes noires - This dish (for 2 persons) costs $80 without the extras of foie and black truffles, $120 with those extras. It is a generous portion, that's enough for two empty stomachs. The gravy was delicious, evenly seasoned, with a remarkable upfront enjoyable beefy flavor. The meat was of high quality, perfectly cooked at ideal medium rare and packed with exceptional rich depth of meaty exquisite flavors.

Service was relax, accessible and accomodating in a professional manner.

Excellent table.

KITCHEN GALERIE RESTAURANT, MONTREAL - FOIE GRAS POELEE, TARTE TATIN AUX POMMES.JPG

KITCHEN GALERIE RESTAURANT, MONTREAL - POT DE FOIE GRAS CUIT AU LAVE VAISELLE.JPG

KITCHEN GALERIE RESTAURANT, MONTREAL -COTE DE BOEUF ROTIE(2).JPG

Is all that juice on the cote de boeuf plate added or was the meat not well rested? It looks good but also a real mess.

Thank you for the review BTW. I actually have a reservation tonight at KG.

Edited by nextguy (log)

• 2 weeks later...

I've only heard great things about Kitchen Galerie, and although your review is very positive, I can't say the photos make the dishes look very appetizing! :blink:

The third dish looks especially messy and bloody, sauce all over the plate....

I guess they're going for flavour over presentation?

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website