• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best NY Slice in Morris County?

scott123

I make a lot of pizza at home, and, although I adore it, it's too hot to put on the oven and I'm still tracking down equipment for an outdoor pizza solution. In the meantime, I'd like to hit the road and have a great slice or two.

And, it's got to be NY. Sure, I'll make it to A Mano and/or Ah'Pizz eventually and Star Tavern looks interesting, but that's not what I'm looking for now. I'm looking for that quintessential NY slice- done well. If I could find a place that did a cold fermented dough, that would be really nice, but I think that might be a bit of a pipe dream.

Morris County preferably, but if it's highway accessible (such as off 80 in Clifton), I'll do that as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Scott,

The pizza basically stinks in Morris County. But if you want to stay within the county confines, the Reservoir Tavern in Boonton serves a respectable Pizza. Although I am not as high on it as some other folks are.

Note that they do not serve slices though.

I live in Morris County and I too am vexed by the fact that I can't find a decent slice of Pie. I travel east as well to take care of my "Pizza Jones".

Good luck in your quest for good pizza.

Edited by Anthony A (log)