• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Brick Oven Cooking

ray goud

Hey, everyone.

I just received the June 2010 "Wood-Fired Newsletter" from Forno Bravo, the people who sell brick ovens one can buy and/or assemble. I have never bought anything from them in the past, though that might change a little in the future; I simply signed up for their newsletter, having built my own outdoor pizza/bake oven, from scratch, in 2003. Back then there was precious little about HOW to cook in a brick oven, and I felt a little lost. I bought a couple of books, and winged it from there, finally discovering that the best way to use them is: Just Do It!

It seems that Forno Bravo has four FREE e-books available, and I have downloaded all of them. Each is quite good, especially for anyone who has never used a wood-fired brick oven. They are available in their online store, and are described as free. Their site is fornobravo.com.

I hope some of you can profit from their largess. Be sure you have some kind of high-speed internet.

Ray

Just to add: there is a total of about 250 pages if one takes all four offerings. Some of the pages are redundant, and others try to sell stuff. But in sum, free is good.

Ray