• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How much dough needed for a full sheet pan?

AnxiousCowboy

What weight of dough would I need to produce one sheet pan of focaccia? Been wanting to make focaccia awhile now for family meal but can only find bulk recipes that just say how many pounds of dough the recipe produces, not how many sheet pans; and as young entremetier I don't know too much shit about baking in a restaurant beyond the mixing and baking part. I wish I actually saved the recipes I used when I worked in a pizza place/bar a few years back. I'm beginning to realize that I won't remember shit forever just because I did it every day a few years back! Time to start writing shit down!

Thanks for the ball park... I'd rather be heavy than light. Can't wait to have some bread this week.

Exactly. If it's too light, you can always stretch the dough thinner and just call it pizza bianca.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?