• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rapini in Melbourne?

OK, I've been here for 3 months now, and there seems to be no sign of rapini (aka broccoli rabe, aka italian broccoli) whatsoever. I would have thought that there would be, with such a large and visible Italian population. Whenever I ask anybody about it, I just get a blank stare, like nobody has even heard of it.

So what's the story? Is rapini simply not grown here? This would be a disaster!

• 4 weeks later...

This article appeared in The Age yesterday, and I've seen recipes using it on Australian websites (ie The Cook & The Chef, etc) so it must be available *somewhere* in Aus. The SMH has a 'Need to Know' column where readers ask for sources of ingredients and products. Does The Age have a similar one you could write into?