• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Assouline & Ting

I don't know if this is the sign of the times but Assouline & Ting is no longer. I remember when they first started out at 12th and Hunting Park. They subsequently moved to Brown Street with a retail outlet (with others in the city and at the airport. After they moved to a warehouse on Richmond Ave, Joel Assouline left the business and got involved in real estate in NYC. The business stayed put for a while and the assets were finally sold to B&K Food Distributors near the airport.

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that A & T is gone, any suggestions as to where I can find Vahlrona fevres (3 # bags, preferably)?

I looked at B & K website and they don't seem to carry that.

Chocosphere sells them in 2.2 and 6.6 lb bags. The direct links don't work, so just use the Drop Down Menu and go to "Valrhona Chef Products."

http://www.chocosphere.com/cgi-bin/webstore/web_store.cgi

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE.

• 2 weeks later...