• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vietnamese Cookbooks

jpr54_

i have been using this for years and highly reccomend it: "the simple art of vietnamese cooking", by binh duong. i think this is out of print but used copies can be had at amazon.

also, "into the vietnamese kitchen...." by andrea nguyen

i would also look for anything by jeffrey alford. especially "hot sour salty sweet" and "the seduction of rice". while not completely devoted to teh vietnamese kitchen there is valuable info about alot of asian cuisines.

Edited by wkl (log)

The Best of Nicole Routhier

By Nicole Routhier

This cookbook has been invaluable. I think it's a nice primer for learning about basic sauces, condiments, salads and classic dishes. Worth the money for the warm beef salad recipe alone.

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking

• 5 weeks later...

These 2 web sites are very good for info & recipes:

simply vietnamese

Rasa Malaysia

I have learnt a huge amount from the Rasa Malaysia website on Asian food generally, the link above should take you to the Vietnamese recipes but there are many more asian countries covered.

I also have the Best of Nicole Routhier book and this has a nice selection of recipes to get started on.

Lapin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...