• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ice Cream/Dairy in Bucks County, PA - does it still exist?

RobertM

I grew up on the edge of Montgomery County and Bucks County. We used to drive over to Tanner Brothers Dairy to buy some awesome produce and dairy (I recall buying milk in a bag). Of course, they also served some amazing ice cream. Another venue I recall was Goodnose Dairy (I hope I spelled that correctly). It's been years since I've visited that area, but, we're thinking of going back for a long weekend and I would like to take my family to Goodnose - does anyone know if they are still open, if they still exist?

Thanks

goodnoe's still exists, but is no longer in the format it used to be -- it is now a small ice cream shop on sycamore st.

Hey! thats good news about them still open in some way. I thought they had closed up for good and gone away completely. but sadly... that old place they had was the BEST! There was nothing else like it around.

good to know you can at least still get their ice cream. I LOVED the peanut butter ripple !

Goodnoe's was closed in 2006, the old store knocked down, and a strip mall put up in its place. (Just what the world needs more of... ).

Recently, the family opened a dairy bar on sycamore street, and is also distributing the ice cream to other retail outlets. They claim to be using the same family recipe that was used at the old store. For more information try their web site. http://www.goodnoe.com.

Tanners is going strong. If you are willing to drive a wee bit you have other choices, both in Bucks and over in Mont. Co. Chubby's Dairy Barn on 611 in Plumstead is worth the drive. You might also check out Merry Mead and Freddy Hill in Lansdale, both of which are great.

goodnoe's still exists, but is no longer in the format it used to be -- it is now a small ice cream shop on sycamore st.

Hey! thats good news about them still open in some way. I thought they had closed up for good and gone away completely. but sadly... that old place they had was the BEST! There was nothing else like it around.

good to know you can at least still get their ice cream. I LOVED the peanut butter ripple !

i can assure you that the peanut butter ripple (aka the best ice cream ever) is still there, and still awesome.

Owowcow in Ottsville has some really delicious ice cream--they were at the Stockton Market last winter where I am a vendor, and I loved their flavors--one week they had two vanillas, made with very different vanilla, so you could compare & contrast the flavors--I thought that was a clever idea.

Is that peanut butter ripple chocolate ice cream with a peanut butter ripple? Their website doesn't even list it as a flavor. I'd like to try making it myself.

no, it's vanilla. but the key thing is huge slabs of salty peanut butter going through it. so good.

Interesting. Thanks. That actually sounds even better at the moment.