• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooking Without Seasoning or a Pantry

Peter the eater

salami & arugula

Cooked? I just sauteed arugula then added cooked bacon and cheese. The Gruyere or the bacon could have been left out and still have been delicious.

I have some pepperoni...

Just asking, since part of the OP's premise was that heat was available.

Banished from Chowhound; I like it just fine on eGullet!

If you`re not big enough to lose, you`re not big enough to win! Try this jalapeno, son. It ain't hot...

salami & arugula

Cooked? I just sauteed arugula then added cooked bacon and cheese. The Gruyere or the bacon could have been left out and still have been delicious.

I have some pepperoni...

Eating uncooked food is easy. The OP came about from steaming and poaching seafood without salt or veg or dairy, etc. The variables are "doneness" and concentration.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

salami & arugula

I have some pepperoni...

Eating uncooked food is easy. The OP came about from steaming and poaching seafood without salt or veg or dairy, etc. The variables are "doneness" and concentration.

As the OP referred to adding heat, then yes, I was referring to cooked, together.

Sautee salami until crisped, add arugula, with just the water clinging to the leaves. Cook until wilted. :)

Karen Dar Woon

You people are silly. I wanted to play, but only 2 ingredients?

Cheating in marriage is not good, but I think cheating with food is perfectly fine.

I will be taking my lobster, my butter (and the 2 lemons I had hidden in my bra) , into the kitchen to sulk. :laugh: