• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

HI recently I ate calamari at busaba eathai a thai reasturant here in london. I have never eaten such tender and delicious calamari ever. we ate 3 bowls of it !! would anyone have a recipe to replicate this dish.. pls pls pls.. am dreaming of it.. it just too deeeeeeeeeelicious

Thanks

Can you give us a few more details on the dish? Calamari (squid) is generally thought to be tender after a minute or two (depending on size) and then after a very long simmer. The in-between phase is the quite chewy one. If the dish was Thai I suspect it was very briefly cooked and if larger squid was used it was most likely scored.

You have not been the only person trying to determine this recipe. See the below link for other info including the "chef's verbal description on how to make the dish."

Link regarding dish

Now I want to try it.

Hope that works out.

Kay

Edited by heidih
fix link (log)

yes the squid was scored and it had peppercorns and a batter and a slightly sweet dark sauce( possibly sweet soya sauce) and it seemed to have be coated with and it had something crunchy as well. ok now my mouth is watering already.lol

• 2 weeks later...