• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, paulraphael said:

For getting every drop of food out of the bottom, ISI makes a narrow silicone spatula that's perfect for this. It's designed for getting everything out of their whipping siphons, but works perfectly on a vitamix. Also perfect for most mason jars. Last I checked these were out of stock everywhere ... I hope they're still making them.

Those iSi spatulas and their equally fabulous silicone bench/bowl scrapers have been MIA everywhere for a couple of years now. Very sad. 
Blendtec sells 2 overpriced spatulas that work quite well. The Spectacula came with my Twister jars but works on the others as well. The Spoonula is supposedly designed for the Wild Side and Four Side jars. 

3 hours ago, Annie_H said:

zip it and you have a dressing or a dipping sauce for dumplings. No need to dig the crap out.

Sounds very thrifty! I don’t want any more mystery condiments in my fridge but I’m also thrifty so I DO want to get everything out. Especially since it can be done so easily.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

3 hours ago, paulraphael said:

For getting every drop of food out of the bottom, ISI makes a narrow silicone spatula that's perfect for this. It's designed for getting everything out of their whipping siphons, but works perfectly on a vitamix. Also perfect for most mason jars. Last I checked these were out of stock everywhere ... I hope they're still making them.

Those iSi spatulas and their equally fabulous silicone bench/bowl scrapers have been MIA everywhere for a couple of years ago. Very sad. 
Blendtec sells 2 overpriced spatulas that work quite well. The Spectacula came with my Twister jars but works on the others as well. The Spoonula is supposedly designed for the Wild Side and Four Side jars. 

2 hours ago, Annie_H said:

zip it and you have a dressing or a dipping sauce for dumplings. No need to dig the crap out.

Sounds very thrifty! I don’t want any more mystery condiments in my fridge but I’m also thrifty so I DO want to get everything out. Especially since it can be done so easily.