• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New website Foodie/Restaurant website coming to Philly.

aliwaks

My gosh, I have not been on here for so long! Anyhow met these really sweet young guys from Chicago who are starting up a website here is Philly called Dish86, I offered to put some feelers out for them

...the goal of Dish86 is to help restaurants fill their empty seats on off nights while providing diners upgrades, deals etc. Unlike Groupon or Living Social, its a more select database, there are not 10,000 1/2 price dinners on offer, maybe 4 tables at one place, 6 at another. Membership is by invitation-only, they're accepting members during the private beta

There's a similar site in Chicago, (http://www.foodietheapp.com/ ) and since this is such a great food city they're trying out their beta here. Lets say you got a text or an email that on Tuesday night (insert a restaurant you love, have been wanting to go to etc ) was offering a 3 course tasting for $30 if you book through dish86 (at no cost to you) would you do it? (if you had no other plans)

Y'all are the real target, its for serious diners, foodies, etc. What do you think???

Here's their website http://www.dish86.com/refer/7ebfc1 (this lets them know it's from egullet)

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

Cool! I've signed up. I look forward to seeing what shows up in my inbox.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

BTW, I met these guys at DreamIT (a venture for startups) and they are very open to feedback and eager to hear from their potential customers in shaping their product offering, so please feel free to contact them with your suggestions, I am sure they would love to hear from you.