• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Australian chef involved with Heston Blumenthal's new project

In chatting with The Fat Duck's Executive Chef Ashley Watts the other day I discovered that he and boss Heston Blumenthal will work alongside chef Brad _______, of Australia, in their upcoming (and much awaited) London brasserie at the Mandarin Oriental hotel.

I can't remember what Brad's last name is, and can't find it in any of the Australia forums or even Google, so I thought I'd ask the locals: who is this famous Brad, who apparently is a master at cooking with open-flame fire?

Anyone?

thanks in advance for helping me solve this mistery! :biggrin:

Alexandra Forbes

Brazilian food and travel writer, @aleforbes on Twitter

Official Website

Alex, should be easy, you looking for an Aussie who is good a BBQ'ing and is called Brad...! :biggrin:

I will keep an eye out to see if I come across anything, but lots of Aussie chefs head to London and Brad is quite a common name over here.