• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help me with food in Morristown, NJ

JWangSDC

Hey guys,

This weekend I'm heading over to Morristown NJ for a big convention at the Westin Governor Hotel. I'm basically curious for any recommendations at all since I have to eat, so I'd prefer to eat somewhere good. Ideally I'd like to eat as healthy as possible but I'm willing to work with what's available. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

If you head down Columbia Turnpike towards Florham Park, there is a place next to Kings Super Market called Cullin's which serves tasty, healthy, fresh food. Casual spot. Trader Joe's is in the smaller strip behind it, so you can also load up on snacks for later in the day! This is probably 3 miles or less from the Westin.

Viet Ai is all of 1.5 blocks from Cullins...authentic Vietnamese food if you want to grab a bowl of pho!

In Morristown proper, there's Sushi Lounge and Origin Thai, both good, both on the pricier side.

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Right in your hotel is Copeland. Contemporary American, and probably the best restaurant in town, albeit one built for an expense account. The Grand Cafe downtown is lovely, but even pricier.

Curlz mentioned Origin Thai, which was a favorite of mine when I spent a month on a jury. I also enjoyed lunching at The Artist Baker, an eclectic bake shop on Cattano, the side street that runs behind Century 21.

BLOG: www.northjersey.com/foodblogwww.northjersey.com/foodblog

TWITTER: www.twitter.com/billpitcherwww.twitter.com/billpitcher

Thanks bill, I didn't even think about checking the hotel's restaurant until you mentioned but it looks fabulous. Way pricier than I'd prefer but if I get lazy/feel splurgy I'm going to head there.

Curlz, thanks for the Cullins recommendation. I think that's exactly what I've been looking for so I'm probably going check that place out.