• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lucille's Oyster Dive, Montreal - REVIEW

aromes

Event: Dinner @ Lucille's Oyster Dive

Friday May 14th 2010, 18PM

Type of cuisine: Seafood

Full detailed photo & text review: http://aromes.xanga.com/726862377/seafood-hotspot-lucille-oyster-dive-montreal/

Salmon Tartare: perfect fresh salmon, meaty, fully flavored, masterly spiced (kudos to the nice balance in spicings here). Excellent.

-Oysters: Their oysters come from various locations: New Brunswick, The Main, British Columbia.They offer some from the West (British Columbia), some from the East (Main, etc). Western ones were bigger in size, did I notice. Briny, with a remarquable depth of marine robustness, those oysters were among the best I ever had on any Montreal seafood tables and I am including the big names here! EXCELLENT oysters! They were served with the classic mignonette sauce (expertly executed with perfect balanced acidity from the vinegar and an amazing freshness oozing out of the shallots), a Tabasco Green Pepper sauce (nice idea, try it! I prefer my oysters in their natural state but pick just one oyster, match it with that sauce and see if you like), and their in house tomatoey sauce.

-Lobster roll: tasty and done well (fresh lobster meat, flavorfully balanced mayo sauce).

-Grilled Lobster: nicely cooked, perfect depth of marine robustness. Delish.

-Seafood soup: instead of a bowl full of seafood broth, you have here the seafood morsels shining atop (crab, clams) and a bit of the broth seating beneath. The freshness of the seafood continues to impress here: delish, tatsy and oozing of enjoyable saline flavors. The bit of broth beneath was delicious and harmoniously flavored. Excellent!

Laidback, simple decor with a cool, personable and efficient wait staff.

Lovely seafood restaurant that seduced Me with fresh top quality seafood.

RESTAURANT LUCILLE OYSTER DIVE, MONTREAL - GRILLED LOBSTER.jpg

RESTAURANT LUCILLE OYSTER DIVE, MONTREAL - LOBSTER ROLL.jpg

RESTAURANT LUCILLE OYSTER DIVE, MONTREAL - OYSTERS.jpg

RESTAURANT LUCILLE OYSTER DIVE, MONTREAL - SALMON TARTARE.jpg

RESTAURANT LUCILLE OYSTER DIVE, MONTREAL - SEAFOOD SOUP.jpg