• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chow mein? noodles?

dmreed

Excuse my ignorance, what is mapo dofu? Not heard of this before.

For a UK style Chinese perspective, I have never seen chow mein without noodles either.

check

Thanks, very informative. I would never have thought of putting tofu with meat....

I also have some hints and preferences regarding mapo dofu on my site.

The link "Cooking - Food - Recipes - Cookbook Collections" on my site contains my 1000+ cookbook collections, recipes, and other food information: http://dmreed.com

• 9 months later...

Don't know how I managed to miss this thread before. This is just so funny to me. Chow mein without noodle? That's really some lost in translation there. :blink: I wonder what chow mein is translated to in Chinese on those menus....

Or maybe someone decided using bean sprout would be a good low carb option.... :wacko: