• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Callebaut's Chocolate Pearls

Darienne

Yesterday the owner of our local bulk food store, who also supplies Belcolade and Callebaut chocolate couverture, gave me two little baggies of Callebaut's new product Chocolate pearls. Little white and dark chocolate balls, with a tiny crunchy wheat center, not a big crunch, just a little crunch. They are tasty little things,to either eat or use as decoration he said.

Has anyone else tried them?

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

No there not new, but I was lucky enough to try them for free when Callebeaut came to our local college to do a demonstration on desserts and chocolate. I didn't find them to be super exciting but they are pretty good and interesting.

As far as in Australia goes, they only became available in the last two years.

Could be why I was just given them by the store owner...new in Canada.

from Emmalish, a fellow Canuck:

"Huh. I've never seen them, but I followed the link to the Callebaut site and they have a big "NEW" tag on them."

(I don't know how to multiquote)

Now I feel somewhat better... :raz:

And thanks Lior for the lollipop suggestion. And, of course, I love the ice cream suggestion.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

They sell them at the Whole Foods here in Columbus. I started to use them as a decoration on an espresso truffle I make.

Photo please at next creating. :smile:

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.