• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

In Chicago, Chef Grant Achatz Is Selling Tickets to His New Restaurant

KristiB50

Nice. I would do Aviary at least once. And then ask if you can get into the Office (downstairs speakeasy) on the 2nd visit.

Try to grab a reservation in advance. I think they are taking them via email 2 weeks in advance now. Any party size, for 6pm, 8pm, or 10pm.

Thanks Kathryn, we'll be in town for around 5 days so hopefully we'll pop in a few times and they might take pity on us and let us downstairs :smile:

They're holding back one reservstion per evening to auction off for charity, so if cost is no object...

Those tables were made available tonight via Dutch Auction, with the starting prices in the $4-5,000 range for a table for 2. 16 of the 73 available tables have already been sold, raising $76,000 for charity.

True rye and true bourbon wake delight like any great wine...dignify man as possessing a palate that responds to them and ennoble his soul as shimmering with the response.

DeVoto, The Hour

They're holding back one reservstion per evening to auction off for charity, so if cost is no object...

Those tables were made available tonight via Dutch Auction, with the starting prices in the $4-5,000 range for a table for 2. 16 of the 73 available tables have already been sold, raising $76,000 for charity.

Wow! Great to see :)

• 1 month later...

For anyone still hoping to get into the elBulli menu at Next, I can tell you that persistence pays off! A friend scored same-day tickets this weekend. We found out at 1:00 PM Eastern that it was a go for 7:30 Central the same night. Talk about a mad dash from Cleveland to Chicago...

It really is an incredible experience. I never made it to el Bulli, but at least I got to enjoy the retrospective at Next.

7040284131_a302608d66.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still hoping to get into the elBulli menu at Next, I can tell you that persistence pays off! A friend scored same-day tickets this weekend. We found out at 1:00 PM Eastern that it was a go for 7:30 Central the same night. Talk about a mad dash from Cleveland to Chicago...

It really is an incredible experience. I never made it to el Bulli, but at least I got to enjoy the retrospective at Next.

7040284131_a302608d66.jpg

What on earth is that?! I'm fascinated...

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

• 1 year later...

Has anyone had success selling tickets to Next? Posting on their Facebook page appears to be the "official" way to do it, but I wonder how effective it is.

I've never done it, but I believe that is the only way to do it that Next recognizes as a "proper way".  I believe they also require the transaction to be verified/confirmed by them.  They want the transfers of "ownership of the tickets" to be registered in their computer system - I think you can still call them, but account holders would do so in their "Manage Account" page on the Next website, after logging in, at the bottom of the "Tickets" section on that page, by hitting the "Transfer Tickets" button and going through the process that is called up there. 

My understanding is that the transactions on Facebook are quite effective.  I've heard/read about highly desired tickets from individuals being snapped up within the hour, sometimes within minutes.  Selling tickets on the "black market" or on other forums (e.g. Craig's List) is discouraged by Next, and (after the very initial period years ago) have stated that they may invalidate tickets sold for a premium if they become aware of it.

• 1 year later...