• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Getting married, need cake! Looking for bakery recs in Montco/Che

bsims

Apologies in advance if this is more appropriate for the other PA forum, but that seems to be focused on ingredients vs. final product... Plus this forum seems to get more traffic. ;)

At any rate, title says most of it... We're going fairly small, perhaps 50-75 people with a cocktail/hors d'oeurves/cake reception at our home. We're looking for something nice, but simple. And, of course, tasty! We're in the Royersford area, closer would probably get consideration as well...

Thanks.

The prettiest as well as the tastiest cakes I've seen are from Ann's Cake Pan in Horsham. Their work is exquisite and tastes even better than it looks. Having worked enough catering events and tasted some pretty nasty cakes, this company really does great work. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny. They will do everything possible to match your decor, flower arrangements, lace trim on the bride's dress or whatever. Top notch.

I'll also second Percy's suggestion for Aux Petite Delice. They do gorgeous work too. Their croquembouche is to die for.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

The prettiest as well as the tastiest cakes I've seen are from Ann's Cake Pan in Horsham. Their work is exquisite and tastes even better than it looks. Having worked enough catering events and tasted some pretty nasty cakes, this company really does great work. Not inexpensive, but worth every penny. They will do everything possible to match your decor, flower arrangements, lace trim on the bride's dress or whatever. Top notch.

I will second that -- we used Anne's Cake Pan for our wedding. The staff was incredibly nice, the cake was beautiful and delicious!

BROG, a beer blog

• 4 weeks later...

Aux Petite Delice did the cake for my, my wife's 40th birthday and my daughter's confirmation. I look for excuses to drive to wayne to stop in.

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren

Thanks for all the recommendations, we are going with Aux Petits Delices! We are going with two different types in different tiers.

The Chambord - Light layers of almond/hazelnut meringue and chocolate sponge cake filled with fresh raspberries, chocolate mousse and white chocolate ganache.

The Poundcake - A classic butter poundcake. But we are going to have them layer it with rasbperry filling.

Yum!