• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jarred Vodka Sauce

So.... another question about sauces. I stumbled on Mario Batali's vodka sauce on sale and it was SOOO good. but... I like to have something more with my pasta than just a sauce over noodles.

has anyone discovered any vegtables that seem to go well with that kind of sauce? i already discovered that sauteed mustard greens with anchovy are pretty good. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

For me..... the chunkier the sauce the better.

Thanks

Edited by SpaghettiWestern (log)

I have often seen Peas used with Vodka sauce but I also like chunks of sauteed Zucchini. One place I worked the chef made such good vodka sauce, sometime I would have a dish of sauce with toast for lunch :rolleyes:

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association