• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2010 SF and LA recomendations...

nbaines

Hi there,

I have trailed the boards looking for California recomendations but I was looking for the most up to date suggestions.

I am headed out to San Francisco on 10th May and will spend 4 nights there before making my way down, in the stereotypical way, to LA. any recomendations would be most welcome. I plan to hopefully visit In Canto whilst Fergus Henderson is there which should be good on the 11th May but all other nights are open.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

@lostinthelarder

Lost in the Larder - the life and times of an inquisitive appetite

It would help to know where you are traveling from as it makes no sense to recommend certain styles of cuisine that are germane to your home; i.e., I'm not about to suggest a Mexican restaurant... Do you want sushi/Japanese, dim sum/Chinese, Cal-Italian, California cuisine, haute cuisine, small plates, vegetarian, wine pairings etc?

I saw Chris Cosentino at his shop (Boccalone) in the Ferry Plaza over the weekend and I'm afraid the Fergus meal at Incanto (one word) is already sold out.

Honestly, if you want offal, you could try and book Incanto for another evening, but I have found it slipping recently.