• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking For Name A A Rum

sealman

I bought 2 bottles of this rum about a year ago and due to advancing age :blink: I can't remember the name of it!!!

Here is a link http://www.internetwines.com/rws25223.html to a (different) bottle that looks quite a bit like the one I am looking for with a few differences.

The main difference in appearance is that the one I am looking for is a square bottle with rounded edges instead of a round bottle with rounded edges as in the link. The label was the same type as the picture and not a stick-on. Now I could have swore ( I may be wrong) that the Rum was made by or had the name Bacardi on the bottle. It also mentioned that it was mixed or came from stock that originated in Cuba. The price I paid was around $55.00.

I would appreciate any info anyone can dredge up on this rum!! If you have any questions please respond!!!!

Figures that I screwed up the subject line.............what was I saying about age...hmmm can't remember now :wacko:

Edited by Jason Perlow (log)

If its an actual cuban rum it wont be from Bacardi. The family fled Cuba without being able to bring any of their rum with them when Castro confiscated their distillery.

In all probablity its a Bacardi limited edition rum which they produce occassionaly.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host