• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bromberg Bros Blue Ribbon Cookbook

cookman

I just got this cookbook. It looks like it has some great recipes in it, but the first recipe I tried definitively has something wrong. It's the recipe for Raisin Walnut Bread. The recipe calls for 5.75 cups of bread flour for one 9x4 inch loaf pan. Based on the proportions of the other ingredients in the recipe, I'm thinking this should have read 3.75 cups of flour. Has anyone tried this recipe and also noted problems?

Edited by cookman (log)

Suggest you see if there is an e-mail for the authors. If not, write the publisher to see if it is an error. You should get a response. I have used this on a number of occasions when I have found an error in a cookbook.

'A person's integrity is never more tested than when he has power over a voiceless creature.' A C Grayling.