• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Madeline RIP

rgruby

Well, can't say I'm overly surprised. I walk the mutt past there quite often and Madeline was often pretty quiet, especially early in the week, and Lee often looks full or close to it. (And Lee is now open for lunch Mon - Sat as well).

Any guesses on what direction the Susur/Madeline space will take?

How about a cocktail bar with tapas/nibblies? It would suit the condo crowd around there, perhaps. I can't really see it being on the fine dining end of things.

But, who knows? I guess we'll see in the summer.

Cheers,

Geoff

• 8 months later...

Well, can't say I'm overly surprised. I walk the mutt past there quite often and Madeline was often pretty quiet, especially early in the week, and Lee often looks full or close to it. (And Lee is now open for lunch Mon - Sat as well).

Any guesses on what direction the Susur/Madeline space will take?

How about a cocktail bar with tapas/nibblies? It would suit the condo crowd around there, perhaps. I can't really see it being on the fine dining end of things.

But, who knows? I guess we'll see in the summer.

Cheers,

Geoff

Or maybe not - still closed as of today.

I was by Saturday morning and papers were up and I took a photo through a tear. Except I walked out of Buca (great meal, btw) and saw the place all lit up and papers down!

So... soon. Plus, They're doing some TD Visa dinner really soon, so they have to be ready...

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess they're open now as Lee lounge. June? January? What's a few months in the grand scheme of things. Susur's also on the cover of eye mag this week.

I'm still not entirely sure what the menu is - whether it's the same as Lee's, how they're using the two kitchens etc.

Cheers,

Geoff