• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I am looking to make a fondant and orange cream dessert by John Campbell. The recipe calls for an espuma gun. Am I right in thinking that an ISI Thermo Whipper from Nibsets would be adequate (or is there a better item?).

Regards

Petrus

Just one caution: I got a Thermo Whip because I had some vague idea that the insulated nature of the beast would be useful, but in hindsight I'd prefer a 'normal' one (Gourmet Whip or Profi Whip). The Thermo Whip is great but restricts your ability to change the temperature of your ingredients once they're in the whipper - you can't put it in a bain marie, for example. Well, you could, but it wouldn't achieve much.

If that's not likely to be an issue, or (particularly) if you expect to be needing to keep ingredients warm or cold in the whipper for extended periods, by all means go for the Thermo Whip.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory