• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Restaurant from Owners of Oceanos?

Cook456

This took me WAAAY too long to find, but once you start you can't stop

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/secondhelpings/oceanos_owners_plan_second_greek_restaurant/

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Oceanos owners plan second Greek restaurant

The Panteleakis family, which owns Oceanos, will open Taverna Mykonos, a Greek restaurant, in Elmwood Park in late spring.

Peter Panteleakis (above, right) and his wife Barbara, who started in the diner business, graduated to fish markets and family restaurants, and now preside over the popular fine dining restaurant in Fair Lawn, plan a casual space, a full bar, and a classic Greek menu developed by their sons Nikos (above, left) and Demetrios, with entrees under $20.

It’s being constructed inside a building Panteleakis owns but had leased to the owners of The Escape, a restaurant and club on Broadway (Route 4 east). Eventually, the family plans to run a Greek coffeehouse in the space next door.

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 2 months later...

I called Oceanos last wk to find out when they were opening. The gentleman who answered the phone said possibly this wk (July 5). Looking forward to a more casual version of their Fair Lawn spot.

www.cookstour.netMy Blog