• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Looking for Ethnic and "gourmet" markets in Shreveport

mikelbarnz

I just relocated to Nachtiches, LA, and was wondering what the ethnic and gourmet market situation was in Shreveport. We'll probably be going "into town" every couple of weeks to see friends, and it would be nice to be able to stock up on some specialty items. Thanks.

I am not too up on ethnic markets, but I'll try. On Youree Drive near Kings Highway there's an Vietnamese restaurant and I think they have an Asian Market attached. There might also be an Asian market on Kings Highway going towards the river.

Gourmet markets, Maxwell's at Pierremont and Line, don't know what they have.

Cuban liquor also nearby has a selection of cheeses.

Cush's market and Grocery, south of town on Ellerbe road, has a great cafe and takeout market plus some specialty groceries.

Drug Emporium on East Kings Highway has a great selection of natural foods and gluten free foods and some specialty items.

Also, you might want to check Wal-Mart especially if there's a Super Wal-mart, Wal-Mart attracts a large hispanic crowd and a lot of times, it has specialty mexican items like crema fresca and chillies.